Banana Quick Bread
(adapted from Joy of Cooking's "Banana Bread Cockaigne" recipe)
Makes one 8.5" x 4.5" loaf or three 5.75" x 3" mini loaves
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
6 Tbsp butter (3/4 stick), softened (I just microwave it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease pan(s).
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small mixing bowl. (Sometimes, I put some cinnamon in there, too.)
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add bananas in pieces, mash with fork, and beat in.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture in about 3 parts to the wet ingredent mixture, beating in until smooth after each addition.
- Scrape batter into pan(s) and bake about 50-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.