Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Knitted Baby Booties

My sister-in-law is expecting a boy, so I knitted these baby booties and gave them to her at a baby shower this past weekend. My mom told me about the pattern (they're called Saartje's Bootees) a while ago, and I found it on Ravelry and was pleasantly surprised to find that they're knitted flat (instead of in the round) and then seamed together, so I figured I could do it.

Saartje's baby booties

It took me a while to figure out how to do a couple of things it calls for, but I think they turned out pretty well. It was my first attempt at seaming and making button loops. I used US size 2 straight needles, brown fingering weight sock yarn (Patons Kroy Socks 4-ply in Flax colorway), and some dark brown buttons from a stash my mom gave me (thanks, Mom!).

Saartje's baby booties

These are quite possibly the cutest things ever. I'm going to have to figure out how to make an adult-sized pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment