Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Knitting: Success!

Well, I don't know why it took me so long, but I finally taught myself to knit. I did it with the help of a kit called "I Taught Myself Knitting" (book and supplies included in kit), which I got at Michaels with a 50% off coupon, so it only cost me about $7. Online videos were also extremely helpful, since I didn't know anyone who could show me. This site is very helpful.

Once I figured out the knit stitch (aka garter stitch), I made a swatch.


Then I figured out how to purl, so I made some more swatches.

Stockinette Stitch

1x1 Rib Stitch

2x2 Rib Stitch
Then I was ready to take on my first project. I made a scarf for Ed in garter stitch. It's a nice neutral gray yarn. The scarf is about 60" long, so I folded it up for the photos.

gray garter stitch scarf
Garter (knit) Stitch Scarf (my first project!)


Once it gets cold enough (which should be soon), I'll get an action shot of Ed wearing it.

Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to try increasing and decreasing so I can make something other than squares and rectangles! I've been keeping busy knitting, though. I'll post more projects later. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment