Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Love Cards, Part 1

I like to make cards, but I like to keep them simple. I just like the clean look of a simple design.

I sort of got on a card-making kick this summer. In fact, I made about 100 Christmas cards (will post closer to Christmas), and I actually contemplated starting an online shop of handmade cards/stationery, but I talked myself out of that (for now).

Anyway, I challenged myself to make different cards with the same heart punch (Creative Memories Sweet Heart Maker punch). The punch actually makes two hearts at once by using the negative space in the larger heart shape to make the smaller one:


This is one of a few I came up with. I'll post the others separately.


I got the idea to make this card after seeing a book cover that had the same color scheme. It's a little hard to tell, but the letters are glittered alphabet stickers. It was a pain in the butt to put those on straight and centered (they're still a little off-center), by the way. I've got to come up with a better technique for that if I'm going to use the rest of the alphabet stickers I have.


This could be used for a wedding, anniversary, Valentine's Day, or just as a love note.

And because I always want to know when I see other people's cards, here are the details:
  • red cardstock (Stampin' Up Bold Brights), 8.5" x 5.5" (scored and folded in half to make A2 size card)
  • white cardstock (Recollections brand from Michaels), 5.25" x 4"
  • sparkle alphabet stickers (White Blossom brand from Michaels)
  • red foil paper (Martha Stewart punch pad from Michaels)
  • Creative Memories Sweet Heart Maker punch
  • Scotch brand double-sided tape (to adhere white cardstock to red cardstock)
  • Aleene's Tacky Glue (to adhere heart to paper)
  • white copy paper liner (for inside, not pictured)

No comments:

Post a Comment