Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Knitted Gifts

Now that Christmas has passed, I can share the things I knitted for gifts. First, a dark purple scarf for Alexis:

Broken Rib Scarf
I just followed a basic "broken rib" pattern from one of my stitch books (p.s.- I got that set of books for $5 from a craft book club). Here's some more detail:

Close-up (Left: Front of scarf; Right: Back of scarf)
I found a pattern online for this paw washcloth/dishcloth and had to make it. It looks like they took the Clemson paw and made a pattern out of it (see the little notch at the bottom of the paw?).

knitted Clemson paw washcloth
Clemson Paw Washcloth
So I gave that to Alexis, too, since she's a fellow Clemson alum and would totally appreciate it. And she got orange and purple gifts, to top it all off! I also made a couple of these for my brother, Daniel B., since he's a Clemson fan.

I made a scarf for my mom. It's really soft and warm. I used a pattern from one of the yarn labels I have; it sort of looks like a waffle pattern.

Mom's Waffle Scarf

knitted waffle scarf
Close-up of Mom's Waffle Scarf
And a scarf for my dad. I used a pattern from the Chicks with Sticks Guide to Knitting book. It's called the Boyfriend Basket Weave Scarf. It's also really soft, and I like the color.

Basket Weave Scarf

Close-up
Well, that's about all I had time to knit before Christmas. Considering I've only known how to knit since the end of August, it seems like a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment