Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Holiday Cruise, Days 7-8: At Sea

We had a couple more days at sea to relax before getting back to the real world.

Of course, the next day the weather was great, so we had to go down the water slide a few more thousand times:
Cindy on the water slide
Daniel on the water slide
We had a nice view over the water later in the afternoon:

That night was our second (and final) elegant night. We got someone to take a photo of us and our servers:


It's kind of hard to tell in that photo, but I totally rocked the victory rolls that night. I wish we had more photos that show them better that I could legally put on here, but I think I would get into dangerous copyright territory if I put the professional photos on here.

On New Year's Eve, we took a galley (kitchen) tour, and Bernadette got really excited when she saw a whole bunch of Warm Chocolate Melting Cakes for that evening's dessert at dinner. It was her favorite. I think she ordered it every night.


After that, Ed Jr., Daniel, and I went to the Chocolate Extravaganza they had (it was the only one for the cruise week). 'Cause we needed more food.

And Bernadette's final Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with an extra serving of ice cream!) that night at dinner:

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that we had a cute little towel animal on our bed each night of the cruise:



Those are just a couple. I thought it might be a little overkill to put a photo of each one on here, but you get the idea.

They couldn't put off fireworks, so at midnight, they blew the horn three times to mark the new year. The next morning, we came into the Miami port.


port of Miami
Miami
The next day, Ed and I flew back to Rockford from Orlando.

sunset above clouds
Sunset above the clouds
Well, that wraps up this series of posts for this cruise! Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment