Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

From One Extreme to Another

So, remember how it was really cold here last week?

Well, it got up to 61 degrees today. Almost all of the snow melted (there were a few small piles left here and there along the roads). It is still January, right?


Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 34 degrees. And look at Thursday and Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if we got sick with the weather changing this drastically and quickly.

Oh, and I stand corrected. I said in our first Christmas 2012 post that we wouldn't see grass here until maybe March-ish. Well, here are some photos I took in our back yard this afternoon. It was pretty cloudy and rainy most of the day, so I got out there at probably the brightest part of the day.


And it's even somewhat green. There are weeds, too.


Overall, I think this winter is even milder than last winter. Thankfully, almost every time we've had heavy precipitation this winter, it has been warm enough to just rain. In fact, we've really only had one heavy snowfall so far. We're not complaining, though! We'll see what February brings.

P.S. - I'm hoping to finally post the second and final Christmas 2012 post before February.

No comments:

Post a Comment