Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

White as Snow


We've been getting a decent amount of snow this month. I took a little break to get out and take a few photos while it was falling.



The shot below is from a few weeks ago, a couple of days after a fairly heavy snowfall. Life-threatening icicles abounded.

Icicle of death!
Every time I see the freshly fallen snow, it reminds me of this scripture verse:

white as snow

I was thinking about all of the unappealing things the snow covers to transform our drab winter surroundings into a beautiful landscape. Like snow covers the dead grass, cracking concrete, pieces of trash, etc., Christ's righteousness covers our sins when we believe in Him. But, unlike snow, which melts quickly and once again reveals the decay and refuse it concealed for a time, His righteousness endures forever (Psalm 111:3).

I also like how the same imagery from Isaiah 1:18 is used to describe the Lord in Daniel 7:9: 
"As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of Days took His seat; His clothing was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool...."

No comments:

Post a Comment