Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Deep-dish Pizza

Ed wanted some pizza a while ago, so we decided to make some deep-dish pizza. It turned out very well. The crust was perfect and it was filling. We used a 2-lb. recipe of pizza dough (made in the bread maker on the dough cycle--way easier when you're working all day), but we saved about a third of it to make focaccia. We "topped" it (in this case, filled it) with homemade sauce, ham, cheese, black olives, onions, peppers, and mushrooms.



One lesson we learned was that sometimes, even though it tastes normal by itself, certain store-brand shredded mozzarella cheese tastes weird when baked. We (well, actually, I'm the only one who seemed to notice/care) confirmed this theory with this pizza, because I previously noticed the weird taste when I made a breakfast casserole (hmm...sounds like a good idea...) with said mozzarella cheese and it had the same weird taste to it. Not sure why, but we've never had that problem with "brand name" cheese. Which kind of annoys me, because you know I'm all about saving a buck. I guess sometimes it doesn't pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment